the Past, Present and Future of Programming
От: Andrei N.Sobchuck Украина www.smalltalk.ru
Дата: 19.07.05 10:07
Оценка: 1 (1)
The Father of C# on the Past, Present and Future of Programming:

Anders Hejlsberg is not resting on his laurels. He's off solving a new problem: Finding a way to query XML and other data using .Net-based programming languages.

...when you're learning to program in C#, you're actually not just learning to program in C#. You're also learning SQL.

Q: In terms of other languages, I've noticed that (Mr. Indigo) Don Box and (Mr. Avalon) Chris Anderson have been writing a lot lately about Ruby and Python. Where do you see Microsoft playing in that space?

A: We're doing a lot of work to make .Net an even better platform for dynamic languages. I think interestingly that there's sort of a resurgence of interest in dynamic languages. When I look at it, I sort of see two different things there. And sometimes I think people confuse some of the advantages of dynamic languages. For example, some people say I love writing in Python, my favorite dynamic language, because my code is much terser and it's much easier to write, and so it goes much quicker. And sometimes people say, I think it's OK to pay the price of no type checking to get that terser code. Then I say, is it really necessary to have such strong typing in the name of tersity? I don't think it is, necessarily.

I actually think that an even better world is a world where (a language) is terse, but it is still strongly typed. And I think it is quite possible to do that. Some of it, in its infancy, is in some of the type inferencing capabilities we have in C# 2.0, where, effectively, we infer the type of the variable from the way you use it. And there's much more we can do there.

Q: I was told — and I could be wrong — that the next version of C# (3.0) borrows a lot from FoxPro….

A: No. I wouldn't say that it specifically borrows from FoxPro. As I have said before, the area where we're already laying some groundwork for in Whidbey (Visual Studio 2005) is this big and largely unexplored area of deeper language and data integration.
/.../
FoxPro comes at it from a different angle. They have their own run-time infrastructure and they are not hosted on .Net the same way as the other languages are. So that's the ball they have to chase. C# is already on what we think is the right run-time infrastructure but is lacking the capabilities of deeper data integration. So that's where we're looking.

Q: What are the general programming language concepts and trends that interest you right now, in the grander scheme?

A: Generally speaking, it's interesting to think about more declarative styles of programming vs. imperative styles.
/.../
In many ways, programmers have to gradually unlearn that and learn to trust that when they're just stating the "what," the machine is smart enough to do the "how" the way they want it done, or the most efficient way.

... << RSDN@Home 1.1.4 stable rev. 510>>
Я ненавижу Hibernate
Автор: Andrei N.Sobchuck
Дата: 08.01.08
!

Подождите ...
Wait...
Пока на собственное сообщение не было ответов, его можно удалить.