О форке
От: Ziaw Россия  
Дата: 26.06.15 17:47
Оценка:
Прочитал тут в рассылке:

Howdy!

I'm not a core project member (or even really active on this forum), but I'm working here and there on a fork of Nemerle (which I would like to eventually get merged upstream; the repository is at https://github.com/nerdshark/nemerle). I'm not actively adding features to the compiler or libraries; instead, my current focus is on:
cleaning, reorganizing, and refactoring the repository;
writing a new, streamlined, easy-to-extend-and-maintain MSBuild build system;
cleaning up the installer projects;
remove committed dependencies and switch to NuGet dependencies
adding support for multi-targeting;
adding compatibility fixes where needed for currently-unsupported versions of .NET;
and, finally, writing a new Visual Studio extension and project/item templates (much of the work will be concurrent with the multi-targeting work).

Multi-targeting technically already works, if you hand-maintain your project's build system outside of Visual Studio; you can set your TargetFrameworkVersion manually and the Nemerle compiler will happily output assemblies linked against that .NET Framework version (if that version of the Framework is installed, of course). The problem appears to be in the Visual Studio add-in, which I haven't taken a very close look at yet.

I'm intending to make some very large, compatibility-breaking changes; I think the largest one is dropping support for VS 2010, and targeting either VS 2012 or VS 2013 as the minimum supported version. Since VS Community Edition became available, I don't think there's a good excuse for people to remain on ancient versions of Visual Studio; additionally, removing support for VS 2010 (and targeting VS 2012/2013 as minimum) will simplify a lot of code. Having said that, I WOULD like to hear reasoning for continuing VS 2010 support, if there is any. The other major breaking change that I can immediately think of will be the new project and item templates. I've been doing a LOT of refactoring in Nemerle's MSBuild toolkit (the .target and .props files that configure the Nemerle build environment) in order to enable multi-targeting, and in the process a lot of duplicated/conflicting/unused stuff has been removed; some of these changes touch the item and project templates. VS has functionality for writing project file migrators, which I will do, but there may be changes that have to be made by hand (especially if you've hand-edited your project files). I'm not intending on making any code-breaking compatibility changes, but if it becomes necessary, it'll be documented and announced.

Выложил потому, что мужик достоин того, чтобы его работу увидели и рассмотрели. Пока ничего серьезного, но делает то, за что никто не хотел браться, реструктуризирует билд.

Подождите ...
Wait...
Пока на собственное сообщение не было ответов, его можно удалить.