Интересный факт про Маска
От: vsb Казахстан  
Дата: 09.02.23 02:22
Оценка: 1 (1)
Иногда читаю мнение, мол Маск особо ни в чём не разбирается и вообще ему повезло и тд.

Недавно увидел такое мнение:

Существует такой человек, Andrej Karpathy. Это один из основателей OpenAI, работал директором по ИИ в тесле. Также известен тем, что создавал обучающие видео для изучающих нейросети.

Вот мнение этого человека про Маска:

Elon also understands deep neural nets a lot more than I think people imagine. He starts with good intuitions and mental models, but also actively asks for technical deep dives, and has very good retention. E.g. I recall teaching him about our use of focal loss in contrast to binary cross-entropy for the object detection neural net (I said it had given us a 5% bump and he asked to know more) and he understood how it works about as quickly as you'd expect a PhD student to. The fact that he can do this across many technical disciplines is impressive and borderline superhuman. I don't think people understand or would believe how low-level and technical typical meetings with him are.

перевод
Элон также понимает глубокие нейронные сети гораздо лучше, чем, я думаю, люди себе представляют. Он начинает с хороших интуиций и ментальных моделей, но также активно спрашивает о технических глубоких погружениях и очень хорошо запоминает. Например, я помню, как учил его использовать фокальные потери в отличие от бинарной перекрестной энтропии для нейронной сети обнаружения объектов (я сказал, что это дало нам 5% прирост, и он попросил рассказать больше), и он понял, как это работает, примерно так же быстро, как вы ожидаете от аспиранта. Тот факт, что он может делать это во многих технических дисциплинах, впечатляет и граничит со сверхчеловеческими способностями. Я не думаю, что люди понимают или поверят, насколько низкоуровневыми и техническими являются типичные встречи с ним.

И ещё некоторые мнения на английском
John Carmack, "Elon is definitely an engineer. He is deeply involved with technical decisions at spacex and Tesla. He doesn’t write code or do CAD today, but he is perfectly capable of doing so."
Kevin Watson, who developed the avionics for Falcon 9 and Dragon and previously managed the Advanced Computer Systems and Technologies Group within the Autonomous Systems Division at NASA's Jet Propulsion laboratory: "Elon is brilliant. He’s involved in just about everything. He understands everything. If he asks you a question, you learn very quickly not to go give him a gut reaction.

He wants answers that get down to the fundamental laws of physics. One thing he understands really well is the physics of the rockets. He understands that like nobody else. The stuff I have seen him do in his head is crazy.

He can get in discussions about flying a satellite and whether we can make the right orbit and deliver Dragon at the same time and solve all these equations in real time. It’s amazing to watch the amount of knowledge he has accumulated over the years."

Показалось интересно поделиться этим фактом.
Отредактировано 09.02.2023 2:31 vsb . Предыдущая версия .

Подождите ...
Wait...
Пока на собственное сообщение не было ответов, его можно удалить.